Dandy was established in 1948 by its founder, Mr. Moustapha Saade. At the age of sixteen, Mr. Saade began his career as a salesman at the first chocolate outlet in Lebanon where he worked for six years. Then he travelled to Switzerland for technical formation in chocolate, confectionery, and ice cream production. Coming back with Mr. Mario Fontana (Swiss chef), founded a 300sqm factory in “Chancy’ and the Dandy family business was established with its:
• First branch in 1948 located at Souk Al Jamil in the Downtown shopping district of Beirut
• Second branch opened in 1975 at Verdun , the most prestigious shopping avenue where one can find all the famous brand names and
• Third branch opened in 1998 at Surati Street Hamra district, 2 minutes walk from the American University Hospital.
• Dandy’s first single Franchise opened in 2002 at the city of Tyre in the south of Lebanon
• Dandy’s second Franchise opened in 2004 at Kaslik -Jounieh a prestigious city north of Beirut
• Dandy’s first international branch opened in Riyadh in 2010. Our flagship store remains at Verdun Module B, which we hope to duplicate for all franchises and we encourage you to visit during your next trip to Beirut.
In 1948, Dandy’s first factory was founded in at “Chanay- the 300 sqm. a village in Mount Lebanon near “Bhamdoun’. Following the advice of Mr. Mario Fontana (Swiss chef ), the location being 1100 meters above sea level which is ideal for chocolate production. In 1983 Dandy moved its factory to Talet al-Khayat, Beirut with an area of 650 sqm where it continued until 2008. Today the premises remain part of Dandy’s and are used for warehousing and craftsmanship workshop for decorated items.
In 2008 newly equipped factory was established at Bshamoun covering an area of 1,300 sqm. The factory includes the highest standards of quality control, the latest technological machines and strict measures concerning food safety to satisfy the arising demand on all Dandy high quality products like premium chocolate candies, Fresh ice cream and other confectionery products.