HISTORY IN CHOCOLATE MAKING
Its founder, Mr. Moustapha Saade established Dandy in 1948. Mr.Saade began its carrier at the age of sixteen as a salesman in the first chocolate outlet in Lebanon. He worked there for six years and then decided to travel to Switzerland for a technical formation in chocolate, confectionery, and ice cream production. He came back with Mr. Mario Fontana (Swiss chef) and founded the factory in “Chanay”, a village in the Mountains above “Bhamdoun”. Following the advice of Mr. Fontana and located at 1100 meter above sea level, the location was ideal for chocolate production.
The first outlet was located in Souk Al Jamil in down town shopping district of Beirut. Since its inception Dandy made a commitment to his customers to provide them always with the finest chocolate, confectionery, and ice cream (using the best and natural raw materials).
In 1991,Mr. Saade transformed Dandy from a small establishment to a company with limited liabilities. Along with his children (Fadi, Oussama, and Kamal), Mr. Saade started a renovation plan to modernize the factory to be able to supply their branches and their distributors inside and outside Lebanon .This process was applied carefully to keep the “Artisan” aspect of this business. Dandy was very selective in choosing the location of its branches. It placed itself in the most vital areas of Beirut: Verdun Street: the most prestigious shopping street where one can find all the Big Names such as: Armani, Max Mara, Christian Dior, Valentino… Hamra: close to A.U.H.(American University Hospital), the biggest and most important hospital in Lebanon .